Sustainability means behaving in ways that leaves the world in a better place and allows the generations that follow to continue to earn a living from the land. It goes beyond environmental ambitions to include the development of resilient social systems and economic resources.
We are proud of our achievements to date and are determined to maintain our commitment to the Sustainability Principles on which Craigmore was founded more than a decade ago, and to build on the positive outcomes for our businesses, for the families and communities with whom we work, and for our supportive capital partners.
1. Enhance the safety, skills and job satisfaction of our people
2. Promote open and honest communication with all parties
3. Promote well-balanced communities
4. Grow healthy and safe products
5. Protect and enhance animal welfare, biodiversity, soil and water
6. Minimise risk from use of chemicals and atmospheric pollution
7. Think long term and reward the team for behaving as owners
8. Measure risks and manage them to appropriate levels
9. Maximise profits within the above ethical and risk constraints