Spray Operator Orchard Hand – Apples
Since 2008, Craigmore has been building a diverse portfolio of farming, forestry, and horticulture businesses in New Zealand. Once our current businesses mature, we will be producing 250,000 tonnes of wood, 120,000 tonnes of milk and 45,000 tonnes of fruit from 22 orchards each year, spread from Southland to Northland – with additional growth to come.
Craigmore’s purpose is to build and operate high-performing forestry, farming and horticultural businesses which are leaders in sustainability and that revitalize under-invested rural communities (such as Northland, Gisborne, Central Hawkes Bay). Most importantly, we are committed to helping our people and partners to grow and thrive while working with us. We have access to significant capital to fund our growth and are seeking people with a desire to join us on the journey to build sustainable operations we can all be proud of.
We are embracing new technology, precision farming and solid stakeholder partnerships to create and operate the most sustainable and profitable orchards and vineyards possible.
We are now searching for a Spray Operator/Orchard Hand who will be charged with spraying the crops, understanding weather patterns, safety protocols and compliance around spraying, and agrichemical use. Other duties required to be carried out such as mowing, weed spraying, repair and maintenance, property maintenance and tree husbandry work. This is a safety sensitive role.
Competencies required to be successful include:
- Good understanding of health and safety with safety comes first attitude
- Experience in spraying crops preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours where required around spraying, dispatch, and understory maintenance
- Grow safe certificate advantageous
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to operate and maintain a vast range of powered and non-powered machinery and tools
- Confident communicator
- Ability to maintain and contribute to a positive team culture
- Ability to implement and communicate job sheets
To enquire in strict confidence about this role, or to request a Position Description, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply for this role through our Trade Me advertisement