Spray Operator/Orchard Hand – Apples
Craigmore works with global capital partners to build and manage more than 18,000ha of farm, orchard, and forest businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand. With over $700 million of assets under management and growing, Craigmore’s aim is to be a long-term producer of high-quality food and forest products whilst managing the land sustainably and helping to build strong rural communities.
See https://www.craigmore.com for an in-depth look at our businesses.
We are embracing new technology, precision farming and solid stakeholder partnerships to create and operate the most sustainable and profitable orchards and vineyards possible.
We are now searching for a Spray Operator/Orchard Hand who will be charged with spraying the crops, understanding weather patterns, safety protocols and compliance around spraying, and agrichemical use. Other duties required to be carried out such as mowing, weed spraying, repair and maintenance, property maintenance and tree husbandry work. This is a safety sensitive role.
Competencies required to be successful include:
- Good understanding of health and safety with safety comes first attitude
- Experience in spraying crops preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours where required around spraying, dispatch, and understory maintenance
- Grow safe certificate advantageous
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to operate and maintain a vast range of powered and non-powered machinery and tools
- Confident communicator
- Ability to maintain and contribute to a positive team culture
- Ability to implement and communicate job sheets
To enquire in strict confidence about this role, or to request a Position Description, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.