Senior Health & Safety Advisor – Horticulture
Craigmore works with global capital partners to build and manage more than 18,000ha of farm, orchard, and forest businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand. With over $700 million of assets under management and growing, Craigmore’s aim is to be a long-term producer of high-quality food and forest products whilst managing the land sustainably and helping to build strong rural communities.
This is a key advisory role within the Horticulture portfolio of Craigmore, supporting the General Manager – Horticulture in implementing Craigmore’s health and safety management system, and delivering on key outcomes aligned to Craigmore’s strategy, values, and annual improvement plans.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for ensuring risk reduction initiatives are fit for purpose
- utilise a Safety II approach
- provide assurance Craigmore’s horticulture sector is effectively managing health and safety as a critical risk
- increase worker engagement in the health and safety space
- promote excellence in leadership of health and safety
The role will be based at our Hastings office, however during the initial period of engagement, we anticipate that this role will need to be based at our Springhill Orchard in Ongaonga approximately 3 days per week. Regular travel to other areas of New Zealand is expected for the purpose of visiting other orchards and/or vineyards in Craigmore’s portfolio, and to occasionally visit our support office in Christchurch.
The Senior H&S Advisor – Horticulture will carry out duties related to the following areas, as well as provide support and advice, with:
- Key Risk Standards
- Emergency Response and Injury Management
- Regulatory Requirements
- Training & Development Programmes
Qualifications and Personal Requirements:
- At least 5 years experience in a mid to senior level H&S Advisor role
- Experience in agriculture, horticulture or construction preferred but not essential
- Advanced computer literacy (e.g., Microsoft Suite, databases etc.)
- Working knowledge of New Zealand health and safety legislation and risk management frameworks
- Ability to prioritise daily/weekly/monthly requirements
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
We provide an engaging and rewarding employee experience with particular focus on employee wellbeing, flexible work practices and a culture of learning and development, and are looking for someone who shares our values and aligns with our approach to doing business.
Our Vision is to be a Kaitiaki: “Growing the best of New Zealand”
To obtain a Position Description, or for initial enquiries, please email email@example.com
Please apply for this role through our Seek advertisement.