People & Culture Advisor
Craigmore works with global capital partners to build and manage more than 18,000ha of farm, orchard, and forest businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand. With over $700 million of assets under management and growing, Craigmore’s aim is to be a long-term producer of high-quality food and forest products whilst managing the land sustainably and helping to build strong rural communities.
This newly established role will assist in the delivery of our People strategy by aiding in policy and procedure implementation, providing advice, support, and guidance to the horticulture management teams across New Zealand and to deliver an exceptional employee experience. A key part of the role is to assist with the development of line management capability, supporting our people leaders with best practice solutions and the delivery of relevant and practical HR tools, frameworks, and guidelines to enable this.
The role will be based from our Hastings office, however some travel to our CHB site is essential, with occasional travel required to other sites within New Zealand expected.
The People & Culture Advisor will carry out duties related to the following areas, as well as provide support and advice, with:
- employment relations (e.g., performance management and reviews, remuneration, recognition and reward)
- policy and procedures
- learning and development programmes
- end to end recruitment
- promoting the values of Craigmore including good employer principles and practices, and expected high standards of integrity, ethics, and behaviour in all operations
This role will actively contribute to P&C projects, will be the P&C file management champion and will provide P&C administrative support to the P&C Manager and the people leaders within Craigmore’s horticulture sector.
To be successful in this role, you will
- have the ability to coach and mentor people leaders to enhance overall capability in HR practice
- possess detailed knowledge of current NZ employment law and HR practices and can relate this to an organisational context
- maintain a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail, be able to organise and prioritise, work independently, and deliver to tight deadlines
- have excellent written language and reporting capability
- have the ability to manage multiple pieces of work and prioritise the demands of a diverse range of stakeholders
- possess an understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural issues and concerns, with the ability to work collaboratively across a wide range of diverse individuals
- tertiary qualification in HRM or similar
- minimum two years’ experience in an HR Generalist or Advisory role
- highly capable user of MS suite and familiarity with databases; ability and confidence to learn new systems
- experience in the horticulture sector preferred, but not essential
We provide an engaging and rewarding employee experience with particular focus on employee wellbeing, flexible work practices and a culture of learning and development, and are looking for someone who shares our values and aligns with our approach to doing business.
Our Vision is to be a Kaitiaki: “Growing the best of New Zealand”
To obtain a Position Description, or for initial enquiries, please email email@example.com
Please apply for this role through our Seek advertisement.