Foreperson – Apples
Since 2008, Craigmore has been building a diverse portfolio of farming, forestry, and horticulture businesses in New Zealand. Once our current businesses mature, we will be producing 250,000 tonnes of wood, 120,000 tonnes of milk and 45,000 tonnes of fruit from 22 orchards each year, spread from Southland to Northland – with additional growth to come.
Craigmore’s purpose is to build and operate high-performing forestry, farming and horticultural businesses which are leaders in sustainability and that revitalize under-invested rural communities (such as Northland, Gisborne, Central Hawkes Bay). Most importantly, we are committed to helping our people and partners to grow and thrive while working with us. We have access to significant capital to fund our growth and are seeking people with a desire to join us on the journey to build sustainable operations we can all be proud of.
We are embracing new technology, precision farming and solid stakeholder partnerships to create and operate the most sustainable and profitable orchards and vineyards possible.
Working closely with the management team, the Foreperson is charged with taking the weekly plans and implementing them to the quality outlined, and to make ongoing adjustments to maintain the quality and efficiency of in-field operations, in addition to directing the spraying teams. This is a safety sensitive role.
Competencies required to be successful include:
- Good understanding of health and safety with safety comes first attitude
- Ideally qualified in the National Certificate in Horticulture Level 4 or pursuing certification
- Ability to develop instructions from management into fruition, maintaining efficiency and order in the tasks
- Ability to run spraying teams, sound knowledge of agrichemicals and machinery aptitude
- To report and monitor costs of labour-based tasks to management
- Organise and motivate teams to execute planned tasks to specified standards and ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
To enquire in strict confidence about this role, or to request a Position Description, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply for this role through our Trade Me advertisement.