Foreperson – Apples
Craigmore works with global capital partners to build and manage more than 18,000ha of farm, orchard, and forest businesses in Aotearoa New Zealand. With over $700 million of assets under management and growing, Craigmore’s aim is to be a long-term producer of high-quality food and forest products whilst managing the land sustainably and helping to build strong rural communities.
See https://www.craigmore.com for an in-depth look at our businesses.
We are embracing new technology, precision farming and solid stakeholder partnerships to create and operate the most sustainable and profitable orchards and vineyards possible.
Working closely with the management team, the Foreperson is charged with taking the weekly plans and implementing them to the quality outlined, and to make ongoing adjustments to maintain the quality and efficiency of in-field operations, in addition to directing the spraying teams. This is a safety sensitive role.
Competencies required to be successful include:
• Good understanding of health and safety with safety comes first attitude
• Ideally qualified in the National Certificate in Horticulture Level 4 or pursuing certification
• Ability to develop instructions from management into fruition, maintaining efficiency and order in the tasks
• Ability to run spraying teams, sound knowledge of agrichemicals and machinery aptitude
• To report and monitor costs of labour-based tasks to management
• Organise and motivate teams to execute planned tasks to specified standards and ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
To enquire in strict confidence about this role, or to request a Position Description, please send an email to email@example.com.